In order to participate in the Cloud Robotics Hackathon please fill the registration form before April 6th 2013.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Participants can use their own components, tools and robots but must develop something new during the hackathon, presenting old robots with no new additions or extra functionality will not be accepted.
- Participants can use any programming environment or language they prefer.
- No remote-controlled “robots”. This is not an R/C hackathon, your robots need to be at least partially autonomous.
- You can work on your project idea and gather materials or resources previous to the event, but we expect that most of the project will be coded during the National Robotics Week (April 6th to April 14th 2013).
- Your project must feature remote robot monitoring using the MyRobots.com web service.
Check out last-years’ projects for inspiration: 2012 Projects
RobotShop will provide a discount coupon to all participants who register for the hackathon. You can use this coupon to get the official MyRobots.com MyDFRobotShop Rover kit or the MyRobots Connect. Of course, you can use any robot or smart device of your choice.
All teams participating will have their projects judged by the following judges:
- Carlos Asmat, Robotics Specialist at RobotShop
- Francis Longpré, Software Architect
- Julie Gendron, Domestic Robot Specialist
- Mario Tremblay, RobotShop CEO
The presentations will be evaluated according to these criteria:
- Originality, creativity of the project
- Implementation (was it successful and robust or not?)
- Presentation (clarity, maintaining interest)
- Relevance to “cloud robotics” and integration with the MyRobots.com API
- Usefulness (is this useful for humans in their everyday life)
In order for the projects to be judged, teams must present a 3′ YouTube video of their creation, submit documentation to prove they actually created the application, and use the MyRobots.com API. The submission period closes at 23:59 (UTC) on April 14th, 2013.
The participants are eligible to obtain 3000$ in cash. The prizes are split as follows
- 1500$ First position
- 1000$ Second position
- 500$ Third position